At CONSULTURK, clients benefit from our solid technical expertise and know-how in complex high-profile international arbitrations and litigations in wide range of industries. We advise our clients in broad range of cross-border commercial and corporate disputes, including share purchase agreement and shareholders’ agreement originated M&A disputes and construction disputes. We blend our considerable experience in M&A with our strong litigation skills to help our clients tackle each challenge along the dispute.
CONSULTURK offers solid litigation skills backed by in-depth technical knowledge in domestic commercial litigations before Turkish courts as well as international arbitration. Our expertise in managing parallel proceedings before arbitral tribunals and local courts enables us to orchestrate the whole process with an integrated and practical view.
Our ability to act with ease before international forums as well as domestic forums gives us the strength to act on behalf of international clients as well as local clients seeking remedies before international or domestic forums.
CONSULTURK’s international arbitration practice offers experience before various internationally recognized forums, including London Court of International Arbitration, International Chamber of Commerce arbitration and Istanbul Arbitration Centre.
We advise our clients in alternative dispute resolution methods as well as arbitration and litigation helping them find remedies in the most efficient and practical way.
Some of CONSULTURK’s experience includes:
- Representation of a Turkish conglomerate in regaining its controlling interest in the largest mobile telecommunications company in Turkey in a series of shareholding disputes before London Court of International Arbitration and International Chamber of Commerce arbitrations.
- Representation of a Turkish conglomerate in a share purchase agreement related dispute before London Court of International Arbitration.
- Representation of multinational clients in several third party funded arbitration cases in relation to construction disputes.
- Representation of a group of majority shareholders in a shareholders’ agreement dispute before Istanbul Arbitration Centre.
- Representation of a French insurance and reinsurance brokerage company in a dispute regarding illegal transfer of clients, business secrets and know-how by a former senior director.
- Representation of the private equity business of a major Turkish bank in foreclosure of pledged shares of a joint stock company.
- Representation of a Turkish pharmaceutical company, having branches in Europe and Russia, in a dispute against an Indian company regarding bioequivalence testing services.
- Representation of a Dutch energy company in emergency arbitration proceedings against a Middle Eastern state’s regional government.
- Representation of a Turkish conglomerate in an ICC emergency arbitrator case in a construction dispute in relation to an energy plant in Northern Iraq.
- Advising a Turkish company in a dispute arising from a joint venture agreement in relation to the construction of a hydroelectric power plant.
- Representation of the majority shareholder in a Turkish conglomerate mainly active in education sector regarding series of shareholder disputes before local courts.
- Representation of the shareholders of a Turkish company affiliated with a large university in Turkey in a series of shareholding disputes.
- Representation of a Turkish construction company in a dispute arising from a jet-aircraft leasing agreement against a US-based aircraft manufacturer before Kansas courts.